This disclaimer pertains to the visiting of the website WieWasWie.nl and consultation of material that has been made available on the website.
WieWasWie.nl is a website that was developed by the Stichting Archiefprogrammatuur (STAP), the organization for archival programming. STAP was founded in 1989 as a non-profit organization by the Dutch heritage organizations. These heritage organizations are the owners of WieWasWie. WieWasWie is run by the Centraal Bureau voor Genealogie (CBG), the Dutch central bureau for genealogy, located at Prins Willem-Alexander Hof 22, 2595 BE, The Hague. The mail address is Postbus 11755, 2502 AT, Den Haag. The value-added tax number (BTW nummer) is NL002869007B01. WieWasWie is registered with the Dutch chamber of commerce under registration number 41011697. WieWasWie may contain links to third-party websites, for example, via a hyperlink, banner or button. Because we have no influence over these websites or the information contained therein, we cannot be held responsible for their content.
Applicable law and legal rights
WieWasWie is governed by Dutch law. By visiting and using our website, you agree to abide by applicable Dutch laws. Any disputes concerning this website or the disclaimer will be brought before the relevant judge in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
The material on WieWasWie derives from the participating Dutch heritage organizations and from the users themselves. Responsibility for the contents lies, in the first instance, with the parties and persons presenting the relevant material via WieWasWie.
The material presented on WieWasWieis not checked for copyright or factual accuracy. Therefore, WieWasWie does not guarantee that the material being made available via WieWasWie, or that is accessible via links to third-party websites that have been placed on WieWasWie, is either (i) legal, (ii) correct, (iii) complete and/or (iv) up to date. To the extent permitted by Dutch law, WieWasWie does not assume any liability.
The material presented on WieWasWie, including text, look and feel, audio-visual material, graphic design, trade marks, logos, and any other information, is subject to intellectual property and databank rights belonging to WieWasWie , its licence-holders and/or its users
The material placed on WieWasWie by users and the site's editors is made available under Creative Commons licences. The brandname(s) and logo(s) of WieWasWie and/or its partners are an exception. These brandname(s) and logo(s) may not be used without prior written permission of WieWasWie or its partners, unless otherwise agreed upon in writing.
When consulting and (re)using the material, visitors to WieWasWie are bound by the conditions of the relevant Creative Commons licences.
Wet bescherming persoonsgegevens (Dutch law governing protection of personal information)
In order to comply with the Wet bescherming persoonsgegevens (Wbp), whoever makes personal information public, must:
1. Notify living persons whose personal details are being put on the Internet of the placement and the purpose of such placement before actually putting the information up. An example would be the linking of a living person to a family tree.
2. Inform those concerned of the placement of personal details of living persons on the Internet before the information is processed. An example would be the sharing of personal details of living persons with third parties.
3. Obtain unambiguous consent of living persons for the use of the details of either the person to whom the details pertain or those directly concerned with that person.
In addition, under Wbp, anyone making public personal details pertaining to living persons is obligated to:
1. Remove or have removed personal details of living persons placed on the Internet on the authority of those concerned (without having to provide a reason).
2. Alter or have altered personal details of living persons placed on the Internet on the authority of those concerned (without having to provide a reason).
3. Submit the personal details to the College Bescherming Persoonsgegevens (the Dutch Data Protection Authority).
If you have questions about WieWasWie , the material contained in this website and/or this disclaimer, please contact WieWasWie, via firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not guarantee that emails and other electronic communications that have been sent will be received and/or dealt with on time. Similarly, we are not responsible for any consequences resulting from us not receiving or processing messages (on time).
If a visitor sees material that has been placed on WieWasWie and that infringes on the rights and/or legitimate interests of him- or herself or of another person, he or she can notify WieWasWie. For more information on this topic and the applicable conditions, please visit the page Notification of copyright infringement.